|Project :||Activités diverses|
|Finance by :||Lalana - Secteur Privé - Projet M3 Ainga - PACT / USAID|
|Start of intervention :||May 2004|
|End of intervention :||August 2004|
The development of road infrastructure has harmful consequences such as an increase in traffic accidents, a large part of which is all too often due to a lack of knowledge of safety rules and a lack of awareness.
Faced with this situation, the NGO LALANA has organized an educational game whose objective is to educate the population in a playful way on road safety and responsible citizenship.
In the form of a quiz, the game is broadcasted on national television by making participants compete on questions related to road safety, transportation and general knowledge.
Objectives of the Lalana Game ?
- Inform about the different aspects of roads, transport and their environment.
- To educate on respect for public goods and civic responsibility.
The tournaments have involved schoolchildren, citizens, development organizations, transport associations, gendarmes and police officers, as well as ministry staff. Viewers also participated through the questions they were asked at the end of the programs.
The filming of the tournaments was done in Antananarivo, Mahajanga and Fianarantsoa with the technical means of the Malagasy National Television (TVM).
To the question, "what does the game LALANA bring you? ",
we received the following answers:
- Source of knowledge on road safety
- Family entertainment
- Source of general knowledge
- Facilitates familiarization with the various road signs and signals.
- Education on traffic laws and the law
- Education on respect for public goods